7/4/10

Technically a "vegetable dish" despite the three different types of cheese.


I just want you to know that I'm extra glad you're coming on Saturday-- there is going to be so much food!
Yay! Speaking of which, what food should I bring?
Maybe something veggie-ish? We have a grill at our disposal.
Does this count as vegetable-ish, or is there too much cheese?
oh shit man! I wanted to make that recipe so bad- I would totally freak if you brought that! (read: a resounding :yes, please bring it"!!)


It's such a relief that all my closest friends love food (although probably not coincidental), and because we're all intelligent, well-read, twenty-something, lady foodies, we all read the same blogs. Or at least Smitten Kitchen. And so when there's a new blog post up, suddenly all conversations begin to revolve around the latest recipe and everyone gets a craving. Which is quite convenient; for instance, when you've been craving chocolate doughnuts all day because of SK's latest recipe, and you show up at your friend's apartment and discover that she's been spending the whole day making those very doughnuts, well, life is good. 
And when that same friend is hosting a birthday/house-warming/what-have-you and you want to bring a dish, well, then the conversation at the top of this post occurs. And suddenly cheese counts as a vegetable, at least at our tables. 
I followed SK's recipe for the zucchini and ricotta galette pretty closely, although I think mine had a bit more zucchini in it. The dough is a regular pie dough (butter!) with some sour cream and lemon added in to give it some richness. Very delicate, very delicious.

My favorite part was letting the zucchini sweat, which always looks sort of amazing. And yes, it's slightly embarrassing to admit that I spent several minutes watching water coming out of zucchini slices, but I'm still going to show you one of the dozens of photos I took.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers